APACS ADVOCACY 2021 SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
Follow US! @APACSORG Twitter & Instagram
Join us on our Virtual Advocacy Week on TWITTER
Monday – Thursday, February 22nd – 25th @ 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (Trending Hour)
Here’s how you can participate:
ADVOCATE: Meet with legislators!
- Register with our Advocacy Committee – click here.
- Our Advocacy committee members will reach out to all institutions via email confirming appointment times and zoom links.
- Be prepared to have minimally 2-3 representatives (students, families, alumni, supporters) from your program.
ADVOCATE: Send letters directly to local and state legislators!
- Access link to send electronic letters – click here.
- Share this link with all students and everyone in your network!
ADVOCATE: Share your success stories on social media!
- Follow us! @APACSORG Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Trend with us on Twitter and Instagram on Monday – Thursday, Feb. 22nd – 25th, 11:30AM – 12:30PM
- Use our hashtags: #STEPNY #CSTEPNY #APACSORG #StandUp4StudentAid
- All students and families are encouraged to record and upload a brief video highlighting their STEP and CSTEP experience.
- Submit and be featured on APACS media accounts by using this form – click here.
Please spread the word. Encourage your family/school/work community to participate. The more people sharing their STEP/CSTEP stories and encouraging legislators to INCREASE FUNDING
#STEPNY #CSTEPNY #APACSORG# #StandUp4StudentAid, the more powerful our voices will be!
In keeping with Speaker Heastie’s commitment to double the funding of opportunity programs, we ask for a 20% increase in STEP and CSTEP funding this year.
- STEP and CSTEP programs have not received an increase in funding for five years!
- STEP and CSTEP have a proven track record of success! A pandemic has not interfered with serving our students!